The Protecta Putty Pad has been designed to maintain the fire resistance of gypsum walls where these are breached by electrical switches and sockets, and tap water wall boxes.
The Putty Pad is a non-setting flexible intumescent pad based on a silicone polymer with additional fire retardant additives. The Putty Pad can be fitted inside or on the outside of the sockets or wall boxes and in a fire; they form a robust fire resistant char that prevents burn through at the location of electrical or pipe penetrations. Only one pad or one kit is required for each box and these can be any combination of internal/external fix to allow more flexibility when fixing drywall linings on second fix.
The Putty Pad can be supplied in four sizes to suit single or double electrical boxes and a kit for tap water wall boxes, and are supplied on a quick release paper. The Putty Pad is also an ideal product for air sealing around penetration openings. Available in a pack of five.
- Gives wall boxes for tap water a high fire resistance in dry lining partitions.
- Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke.
- Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools.
- Can be used in wall boxes on both sides of the wall without the need for spacing between installations for safety.
- Can be used in single and double wall boxes (cold and hot water).
- Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms.
- Never hardens and ensures a tight fit.
- Can be re-shaped to other sizes if necessary.
- Provides excellent sound insulation.
- Environment- and user friendly; contains no solvents or VOC’s.
- Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection.
- Working life of at least 25 years.
- Additional Information
Colour Red Size One in size 175x65mm and one Ø50/25mm Volume Size N/A Packaging Type Box
- Product Documents