Protecta FR Putty Cord is an easy to apply fire rated putty supplied as a non-setting cord. The cord is hand workable, re-usable and re-serviceable due to its non-setting properties, they are supplied in circular strips and are easy to fit with your thumbs; no tools required.
Fitting the putty cords will reinstate the fire rating of the partition and prevent the passage of smoke and flames in a fire and sound and air movement during service life.
The putty cord is designed to be easily fitted around service penetrations where the gap around the services is very small, or there is no gaps at all so a conventional fire rated sealant is impossible or difficult to fit due to the required depth and backing material. The putty cords are fitted covering the gap around the services and does not need to fill the gap to the required depth.
- Makes it possible to fire seal without any minimum annular width around services.
- Installation is very simple and quick; fitted in a minute.
- Gives service penetrations a high fire resistance in dry lining partitions and masonry or concrete walls.
- Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke.
- Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools.
- Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms.
- Never hardens and ensures a tight fit.
- Can be reshaped to other sizes if necessary.
- Provides excellent sound insulation.
- Environment- and user friendly; contains no solvents or VOC’s.
- Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection.
- Working life of at least 25 years.
- Additional Information
Colour Red Size No Packaging Type Box
- Product Documents