Protecta FR Graphite is a high specification formulation designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors. Protecta FR Graphite is designed to fire seal difficult services which traditional fire rated mastics do not achieve such as large plastic pipes.
This firestopping product may be used in more extreme transits than Protecta FR Acrylic, for example cable trays to EI 180 and plastic pipes Ø110mm. Protecta FR Graphite expands when it is subjected to fire and closes openings around penetrations when any combustible or low temperature melting materials have burnt away.
This firestopping graphite complies with the requirements of GEV and the results correspond to the EMICODE emission class EC 1PLUS which is the best possible environmental and indoor hygiene health protection mark.
- Classified in most constructions for plastic pipes and cables
- Easy to apply
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movement up to 12.5%
- No priming necessary for application on to most. materials; however see the installation instructions for further details
- Some metal pipes require corrosion protection on before sealing with joint fillers (sealants), paint, casting in concrete etc. Please obtain guidance from the pipe manufacturer before applying the joint filler
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, wood, gypsum, glass, PVC and most non porous surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack free after 1 hour
- The fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to harden for a month
- Halogen free
- Minimum 12 months storage time
- Additional Information
Volume Size No Packaging Type Box
- Product Documents