As part of our ongoing testing programme, we are pleased to release the latest upgraded version of our European Technical Assessment (ETA) for Protecta FR Board, supported by revised technical data and installation sheets.
There are now 102 separate, fully certified FR Board approvals that are detailed in the installation instructions and this is supplemented with an approval for pattress fixing FR Boards to gypsum wall. The revised document extends the product’s scope of use for:
- Linear gap seals up to 800mm wide in concrete floors
- Large PEX pipe-in-pipes and arrangement of PEX pipes in bundles.
- Metal pipes insulated with PE foam insulation.
- PVC pipes up to Ø 400mm to EI 90 in drywalls and EI 120 in rigid walls.
- Composite pipes (including Blue Power,Wavin SiTech, Aquatherm Green,Geberit Silent, Polo-Kal NG and Rehau Raupiano systems)
- Conduits (plastic pipes with cables) up to Ø 110mm.
- New sound insulation tests included to latest standard.
- Updated pipe-end configurations based on EN1366-3, to clarify and help you decide if the use of your pipe (e.g. Soil Vent pipes) is covered by our approvals.
If you haven’t already, we would strongly advise you to register on our member’s zone, so that you can download this information and any future ETA upgrades, so you have access to the latest fast moving developments for the Protecta product range. See link :
If you have any questions about this product or need some help with a project, please contact our technical department for some free advice.
T +44(0)1484 421036