Reporting to the Company Secretary, the main responsibility of the ‘Accounts Assistant’ role, situated in the Accounts Department, is essentially to support the Assistant Accountant ensuring all invoices are checked, matched and processed in a timely manner.
It is compulsory to operate with utmost discretion within this role to protect the privacy of the business.
The successful candidate will have minimum 2 years’ experience working within a similar post, ideally but not essential from a manufacturing industry with accounts experience.
The successful candidate will also be a true professional, with communication and people skills required to query and challenge where necessary. A motivated self‐starter with strong organisational and administration skills who will have a keen eye for detail as well as being able to effectively prioritise the day to day workload. Also keen to progress and develop the ‘Accounts Assistant’ role going forward.
Range of duties:
- Processing electronic invoices for authorisation
- Purchase Ledger administration
- Liaising with Purchase Ledger order team, Purchasing Manager & Logistics Manager
- Liaising with suppliers
- Matching delivery notes from suppliers
- Annual budget reports for Accounts Audit
- Keeping copies of invoices for Environmental Audit preparation
- Processing of incoming statements
- Completing and sending new account applications for new suppliers
- Assisting the Assistant Accountant in various roles
- Input new supplier details onto 123 and fill in the credit account forms
- Look after the returnable packaging spreadsheet
- Managing Polyseam internal debit notes & matching to supplier credit notes
- Adding/completing internal quality records when required
- Managing electronic supplier files
- Opening post